Monday, July 29, 2013

Monday Made It

I am in under the wire.  It is still Monday.  So here goes...

I don't have any great pictures of my Monday Made It project because its not really that pretty to look at, but is SUPER important to me as a busy mom and teacher during the school year.  It's my recipe book.  Doesn't sound very impressive, but it is critical so that I can make sure I don't cook the same thing every week.

Here's how it goes:  Start with a binder...like this one from Office Depot.
 
And add page protectors like these from Office Depot
 
 
Then, I put all of my recipes for meals in one binder, and then a separate binder for side items, desserts, etc.  My recipes are a wreck...basically just written on a piece of copy paper as I find them on the internet or when a friend talks about what they made for dinner last night.  I have twin 4 year olds to feed and a husband, and while they aren't picky eaters at all, they don't want to eat the same thing all the time (nor do I). 
 
So, I've had my binder for a while, and it is on my counter within easy reach...I use it at least 3 or 4 days per week.  It is also my MUST HAVE for the week. 
 
But the problem that has driven me C-R-A-Z-Y  for a while is the disorganization.  My recipes are just in the binder all mixed up.  So this week, the last week of my summer va-cay, I separated them by meat: Chicken, Beef, CrockPot, Other.  And that's where the Monday Made It comes in.
 
My old and improved recipe binder:
This is definitely not the best picture ever :(  And the sad thing is I really had to work to get this picture.  This is definitely my Must Have for Monday!  And with school starting back, its time to dust it off and get it back into use.
 
Thursday is Open House...yikes!  Must.finish.my.classroom.   The goal is to work from home tomorrow and then go to school on Wednesday and put the final touches on it :)
 

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I couldn't imagine having twins! I love the idea of having a recipe binder - I might have to try that out.

Alison said...

I just made a binder for my grandmother this summer. She had a folder busting at the seams with recipes. It took her hours just to go through and find the one she wanted. Glad you got t fixed up!
Alison
Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

Post a Comment