Monday, July 8, 2013

Made it Monday/Manic Monday Link-up & Freebie


I am linking up with Made it Monday at 4th Grade Frolics to share what I've been up to this past week.  Be sure to read all the way through for a freebie :)

  It has been raining non-stop for days.  With 4 year olds, this is not a good combination. 
First, we made popcorn.

Then, we use the foam shapes (with adhesive backing) to make a collage.

Then, we made faces.
 
I found this on pinterest, and decided that it would be a wonderful project, so I took paint and watered it down.  Used a dropper to drop the watered down paint to drop on the paper, and then used a straw to blow it out.
Blow paint monsters. Thin some tempera paint with water. Drop small amounts on paper - then use a straw to blow the paint across the page making "monster" shapes.
 

 
 
And then finally, I went to school and made this for my classroom.  I've always just used the plastic shoe boxes from Walmart to house these supplies.  It has driven me nuts, especially this year.  I just had to do something different.  I had seen the "File, Copy, Grade" drawers but knew that was not for me.  So, I used paper from Ashley Hughes and font from Hello Literacy to make this three-drawer label for my supplies.

I had to trim off a little on each side to get it to fit snug.  They are black on the file, but look great printed on colored paper.  I LOVE the way they turned out.  I have matching group buckets with the same dots and fonts.
 
Classroom Freebies Manic Monday
 
And, for making it all the way through this long post as part of Manic Monday at Classroom Freebies, I am offering these labels for {FREE}!!!  The freebie includes the three drawer labels (plus one blank one), dull/sharp pencil labels, as well as group labels for up to 8 groups.
 
Be sure to follow this blog on BlogLovin by clicking the button at the top right of the blog :)  And, if you download the freebie, please leave me a comment :)
 
Thanks for reading this long picture-filled post!  Have a great Monday :)
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

Andrea said...

I totally agree about the rain! We have finally had some sunny days, but they are now HOT!

What a cute idea! I need to make some fun labels for all of my games for this year! You have inspired me!

Andrea
Reading Toward the Stars

Sarah Hankinson said...

I love the paintings! What a great rainy day activity! I also purchased a three drawer file, but I'm using mine for different kinds of paper. Great freebie!

Sarah
Learning is for Superstars
Learning is for Superstars is on Facebook

Alison said...

Okay...I'm 38 and I totally want to blow the paint through the straw! Love it! I use the plastic shoe boxes for storage too. They drive me INSANE, but my co-teacher and I put all of our supplies in my closet and it would cost me a fortune to re-work it! Luckily someone gave me two three drawer "big" rolling drawers and that is where I store glue, expo markers, crayons, markers, pencils, etc. because we have TONS of that.
Alison
Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

Post a Comment