Monday, July 1, 2013

Currently...July

Oh my!  As I typed in the title of this post, I had to change it because I accidently typed "June."  :(  I flipped the calendar just a few minutes ago...sad day.  I usually LOVE flipping the calendar because I'm excited to fill it up with life, but not in July.  This signals the end of my summer coming to a end fast.  Oh well.

Today' Im linking with Oh Boy 4th Grade for this month's Currently.


Listening--we were at an amazing firework show last night and didn't get home until after 11.  For my 4 year olds, they didn't go to sleep until 12am (!).  I am trying to be quiet so I don't wake them.  Nothing is worse than cranky toddlers..yesh!  I am soooo ready to start getting them on a normal sleeping routine again.  Getting up at 6am is going to be a hard adjustment :/

Loving--We are in the middle of a lack-of-heat-wave right now.  Right now, it is 68, with a high of 81 today.  Put that with low humidity, and you have a happy girl.  This is perfect weather!  For it to be the 4th and not be melting, I must say it is a nice change.

Thinking--My classroom is almost all put together, just a few things that need to be done (getting my calendar up, organizing, etc).  I need to get some plastic storage and odds and ends...do I go today or go to school and work???  I think I'm going shopping :)

Wanting--School doesn't start until August 7th (with teachers reporting August 5th), but with open house, transition camp, professional development, etc, the last week of July is pretty must spent.  I need another month to catch up on cleaning my house (and organzing), catching up on my DVR, and most importantly, being in the moment with my kids.

Needing--Every.single.summer I say that I want to exercise and lose weight.  4 years I've been "trying" to get off this baby weight, not happening.  Not feeling super confident or good about what I see in the mirror, so I would like to exercise more.  Really at this point, any exercise would be more than what I did recently...haha.  The biggest obstacle: getting started.

Tips--With technology always at our fingertips, it is really easy to be swept away with that.  When I'm with my family, I really try to be 'with' them.  Just being in the presence of them isn't enough if I'm not connected to them and I'm too busy with whatever device.  I have to make a conscious effort to put down the devices and really be with my family.  Hopefully, I'm not the only one.

Erin

4 comments:

Wendy P said...

I hear ya about crabby 4yr olds without enough sleep. Teenagers can be a nightmare too (I have 2 and a 5yr old). Enjoy the quiet while it lasts. I know I am. By the way your school year starts too early for me Aug. 5th? Ugh? Ours starts Aug. 21st. Enjoy your day. Pss Hobby Lobby sounds like more fun:)

Mrs. Davis said...

Love your tip about focusing on family and friends when with them! Oh, and when in doubt. the answer is always Hobby Lobby! :)

Kim
Carried Away in... K!

Lindsey said...

Erin,
Thank you for the sweet comment :) I'm your newest follower!

Lindsey
Teaching Snip-Its

Bayside Math Teacher said...

Exercise BEFORE school starts... Is that each morning you want to exercise before school!? I always want to walk our dog before school... I don't think I've EVER done it! Weekends sure... After school sure! Mornings... YEAH RIGHT! And I don't even have children here full time (just a step son every second weekend)!

Liz - BaysideMathTeacher

Post a Comment