Sunday, July 7, 2013

A few ramblings...


First, I would just like to say thank you to each person who has clicked on the "follow" button :)  In a week, I have more than tripled my followers.  That excites me to no end, knowing that there are people who are interested in what I have to say.



Second, for all of you math-y people, I realized that I have never shared where I am at with the Common Core.  I teach in Kentucky, which was one of the states to adopt the CCSS.  And being the awesome state that it is (said semi-sarcastically), it was the first state to implement the CCSS AND assess from the very beginning!  Talk about pressure. Most states used a 1-2 year implementation schedule to deconstruct standards and plan instruction.  Not the good ol' Bluegrass :/  I am the math department chair at my school, and have done LOTS of work with the CCSS (learning targets, building tests, extended response items, etc.).  We have the Glencoe Math text book that is more like a workbook than a text book, which I love, but am definitely not glued to.  I hope that through this blog I can help fellow math-y people with the CCSS.


Third, I have been catching up on my DVR tonight by watching the Jodi Arias story on Lifetime from earlier this week.  Girl is C-R-A-Z-Y!!!  OMG!!!




Fourth, it has been raining almost non-stop for DAYS.  In the first six days of July, we have had almost five inches of rain, with about another two inches due on Sunday.  And, just when everyone thought that the Ark is coming, here is a photo of a double rainbow my brother took this evening :)  I would really appreciate the rain stopping so that my 4 year olds can go out to play.  We did manage to squeeze in a walk between the rain to let out some of the cabin fever.  My Made It Monday link will show a couple of the projects we've done this week to stay entertained...movies, Ipad time, and coloring will only last so long. 

Thanks for reading :)

2 comments:

Brandee Green said...

I'm interested and following. :)
~Brandee
Creating Lifelong Learners

Alison said...

Guess what Erin, I nominated you for the Liebster Award! You can check it out here.
<3 Alison
Nomination for Liebster Award

Post a Comment